Position: Director of Youth Ministries (full-time)
At Trinity Youth we desire to build a community of discipleship in the Wesleyan tradition and provide students in Grade 7-12 with an atmosphere of encouragement and support. To reach this goal, the director of youth ministries is expected to develop and implement a comprehensive approach to youth ministry and serve as a spiritual leader and role model. In collaboration with the pastoral leadership at Trinity, this comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of youth ministry to: love youth where they are; encourage youth in developing their relationship to God; provide them with opportunities for nurture and growth; challenge them to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and world.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- In collaboration with the Pastoral Leadership: plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of discipleship, worship, mission, and outreach.
- Mentor youth in developing their leadership skills.
- Provide spiritual leadership by coordinating Sunday school lessons, Sunday night worship, and Wednesday night small groups.
- Recruit and train volunteers who work with youth in all aspects of youth ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios.
- Provide direction, assistance, and feedback on a regular basis to Youth Interns.
- Be an advocate for youth and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns, and needs of youth in the local church and community.
- Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to youth and youth ministries.
- Manage the youth ministry budget.
- Ensure that policies regarding Safe Sanctuary are observed in all youth ministry settings.
- Be aware of resources for developing the youth ministry programming and participate in continuing education events and training opportunities.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
- Professional Certification in Youth Ministry in the Wesleyan/Methodist Church is desired.
If interested, please submit your resume via the link below.