Trinity Preschool and Mother’s Day Out Co-Director
Trinity Preschool and Mother's Day Out Co-Director
Reports to: Trinity UMC Staff Parish Relations Committee
Job Description: To be a liaison between the church and the preschool, compose a handbook for MDO and preschool yearly, to compile applications and tuition costs yearly, to create class rolls, to organize registration of new applicants, to administer Safe Sanctuary training for all employees, to create curriculum and scheduling that benefit ages appropriate to our program, to offer staff development that provides current practices for teaching preschool and under.
Hours – 7:50-3:00, two days/week, August – July
- Arrive on time for work or contact Trinity Preschool when delayed.
- Be reliable in attendance and give ample notice for absences.
- Come to work with a positive attitude.
- Approach criticism with a learning attitude.
- Communicate directly and avoid gossip.
- Be flexible in scheduling to meet the needs of the overall program.
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and commitment to confidentiality.
- Show initiative in problem solving and be open to new ideas.
- Approach challenges with imagination and a sense of humor.
- Create a welcoming, positive, compassionate environment center-wide by:
- Being actively engaged with the children
- Speaking to children at eye level
- Being friendly, warm and affectionate
- Using appropriate voice and tone
- Encouraging children’s independence and self-help skills
Philosophy: Trinity Preschool and Mother’s Day Out supports parents by enabling children to grow and learn in a safe, stimulating, loving environment.
We believe that a high quality early childhood program promotes the physical, social, emotional, and cognitive development of young children while also responding to the needs of families. We encourage children to develop at their own pace and we are committed to making each child feel valued. We hope our children will grow to believe that they can make the world a better place.